1

Battle of the Sexy Beast continues

Posted by gbum on 3/07/2009 06:14:00 AM
Just came back from test drive sx4 n Honda city. Il let u guys know my experience test driving this 2 sexy beast! And if u guys expecting review of the engines n shit, FORGETIT! Me know shit bout engines

3 o'clock when I arrived at Suzuki Bangsar showroom. The girl that I made an appointment with wasn't there. She's on leave, I was told later. While waiting for tash I went to snoop around sx4. It's like Monet, only nice from far. Well in my humble opinion at least. Exterior is sturdy, impressive and CUTE. Interior is a different case altogether. It looks very plasticky and toy like. It's quite compact. I was told by the girl I made appointment with that sx4 is iPod compatible but guess what? IT'S NOT! Well, not iPod ready at least. That's quite misleading. And all this while I was snooping around, the sa was behind me n din say anything. He doesn't know how to sell! Tash came n we went for a test drive. She drove. I was quite takut to drive at first. Helooo! Only driving my own car for 8 years n never anything els. It's quite a smooth ride. Then I took over the steering wheel. NERVOUS! First thing I saw was the side mirror. It's huge! Hehe. Which is good I suppose. Wow this piece of machine was beginning to impress me. It's really light! Drove around Bangsar for at least 10 mins. All in all i'd give 3 out of 5 for smooth ride and 0.5 for interior styling.

Then wr off to Honda showroom which is just a block away. The sa called me before wr arrived just like he said. Man, I think they need to to sumthing with the parking space at this area. Thank god, there's not many ppl. We were greeted by the sa. Very friendly chap. The new Honda city is parked impressively in front of the showroom. Black in colour. First look I thot it was a civic. WOW! It's bold, classy and defo looks sturdy. Sporty too!. N he showed me the interior. And that's when I made up my decision. It certainly carries that Honda classiness. Black carpet mat, dark blue-ish seat (water repellant). AND ITS IPOD READY. I brought my iPod along just for this purpose. The sa told me to test it out. He pretty much said to treat it like my own car. There's a lot of compartment to put ur knick knacks. I'm luvin the velvety seat stil. The backseat is really spacious. Ample headroom and comfortable leg space. We went inside the showroom to talk $$! Meanwhile tash is impressed by the new jazz. Luvin the turqoise colour on jazz stil, tash! The sa showed me the new interest loan rate from the bank. It's even lower now. Outside it started to rain. They offered me extra rm500 discount and smart tag with rm50 top up. NOICE! What sx4 sa offered me was tshirt n umbrella. Haha. It's time for a test drive. My heart was thumping. The rain made me even more nervous. But the sa guy was really accommodating and made sure i'm comfortable for the ride. It's not as light as sx4s but defo sturdier. It's really smooth and can't hear the engine whirring or whatsoever. Oh anyway, I test drove grade e which is the higher spec with paddle shift and audio control on the steering wheel. And tevin Campbell is blasting away from my iPod. Tasha said the backseat is so spacious, she had to move forward to hear me n the sa spoke. I did tekan minyak for a bit around hartamas area for testing purposes. Vroooooommm! Great! No jerky, nuthin! Unlike my billy bob! (luvin u stil billy bob). Eh wait, one thing I noticed there's no wiper at the back. Should I be worried? And I think I adjusted the seat too high, at one point my feet was dangling! Hahaha. All in all i'd give 2.5 out of 5 for smooth driving and 3.5 for interior styling.

Tasha later decided to give it a go at the jazz. It's really a cute n nice car but waaay out of my budget.

So I guess pretty much, u guys know now which sexy beast i'm gonna get.

1 Comments


Ok for the record, when Gbs said he tekan minyak in Hartamas he was moving at a speed of a turtle on square wooden wheels peeps...

Copyright © 2009 i•go•blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.