2

torrent cause internet to disconnect

Posted by gbum on 11/13/2007 09:43:00 PM
iv bn having problem with my internet and i almost threw the device into the longkang behind my house. A month ago i subscribed to iZZI (wireless broadband) and it works ok for a couple of weeks before the nightmare started to happen. The connection went solid for an hour and it died after that. It went down hill after that, it disconnected every 5 minutes. I did everything i could think of, including moving my computer nearer to the window and all. And the antenna doesnt help either, it made it worse even. I didnt have any problem receiving good signal (signal strength 100%) so are the other people whos staying at the same block. I lend to ernie whos using pc and it works fine on his machine. So, i thought it could be the hardware problem but most of people i talked to said mac has the most straightforward setting for internet. 2 nights ago i decided to do a little test to let my internet run without opening any application and guess what? it went on the whole night without any disconnection till the next morning. Last night i tested opening each application with the internet on. Safari: OK, Adium: OK, iTUNES: OK and Transmission: went kong after 2 minutes. So i called Chiang (izzi's tecnician). He told me izzi throttles p2p and asked me to reset my transmission setting to this: 

DOWNLOAD SPEED: less than 40kbps
UPLOAD SPEED: 50% of download speed
ACTIVE TORRENTS: 2
SEEDING: 1

Ill try this tonite and see if it works. Fingers crossed!

after a lot of trial and error iv finally get it to work, i capped it to 10 KB/s for upload rate. it seems to do the trick (its really not a trick actually). Except in the weekend, when i launched the torrent client, i still experience dc, caused by busy traffic.

2 Comments


Thanks for posting this! I've been struggling with this problem for a while now.... I had the same problems you started out with, where it got to the point that my connection would go out after only a few seconds, and I realized pretty much the same way that this was due to Transmission. I then tried to find another suitable torrent client, but wasn't happy with any. I'm glad I can finally return to using Transmission, so thank you!


SAME PROBLEM..

INTERNET CONNECTION RESET WHEN I START DOWNLOADING TORRENT IN FEW SECOND AND OTHER DOWNLOADS RUNNING WELL. WHATS THE SOLUTION TO COMPLETE THE REMAINING TORRENT ???
sAn
sanjaytank18@yahoo.com

sanjay tank

Copyright © 2009 i•go•blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.